Thursday, July 10, 2008

Group Therapies

Cameron currently receives OT (occupational therapy), PT (physical therapy), and EI (early intervention/teacher) once every other week and ST (speech therapy) once a week. Because he is now 2 there was mention of getting him into group therapy, once a week for 2 hours. This would involve all four therapists working with him individually and in a group setting (with other children).

I initially thought this would be a great idea as he learns so much from watching and playing with other children. However, I just learned that his PT and ST (both who I love) will not be his therapists in this group. His current teacher is resigning anyway (to start her own daycare facility) and his OT I have never personally met, only talked to on the phone.

So now I wonder, is this change going to be for the better, or not. I have been assured that if it is not working out, we can go back to the individual therapies.

I have even made arrangements with my work to start later on the day that he would have group therapy so I can take him. It is scheduled to start at the end of summer so we'll see how it goes.

No comments: