Sunday, July 27, 2008

DSAW Picnic

Today was the DSAW (Down Syndrome Associaton of WI) annual picnic. I have been looking forward to it for awhile and hesitated as to whether or not we were going because I am still not sure what is going on with Cameron and whether or not he is contagious. I would not want to get anyone else's little one sick!

We did go.

It was staring at 11:30 (naptime). So, we got there early and I walked the boys in the stroller around the park and through the woods. (I do not recommend pushing a double stroller uphill wearing flip-flops for an hour (boy was that exhausting). Only Cameron fell asleep, Mitchell was close but no such luck.

It was a really nice time. There was good food. We had nice conversations with old friends. We met some new friends. Got to see everyone's beautiful children.

Mitchell was having fun playing with the girls and the water bottles (boy were those a hit) and trying to get mommy's pizza. When Cameron woke up he was pretty cranky but was more himself once the Tylenol kicked in. He then enjoyed kicking and throwing the ball. I tried to keep him away from everyone else just in case he is contagious.

No comments: