Friday, October 24, 2008

Character Lines

My DownSyn friend, Amy, wrote on her blog about lines that give us character. I thought this was a great idea and wanted to share some of mine.

I have lung cancer and it has spread to my brain.

Your mother has passed away, she's gone.

What would you say if I told you I love you?

Will you marry me?

We're in Mexico......and we're married.

Friend #1 - I'm pregnant.

You will need some tests, treatments, medications & surgeries to assist you in getting pregnant.

Friend #2 - I'm pregnant.

IVF will cost approximately $25,000 and is not covered by your insurance.

Friend #3 - I'm pregnant.

The IVF was unsuccessful, the embryo didn't make it.

Friend #4 - We're pregnant.

You will need another surgery before we do IVF again.

Friend #5 - I'm pregnant.

The IVF was unsuccessful. The embryo transfer has failed.

Friend #1 - we're going to have another baby.

Unsuccessful IVF procedure. The embryo didn't make it.

Friend #2 - I'm pregnant again.

You cannot have children.

You are pregnant.

The baby has a heart defect.

It's a boy.

I think your baby has Down syndrome.

We need to get him to the hospital right away, he's in heart failure.

We can't do the surgery he has a fever.

His temp is up to 107.

He's off bypass and doing well.

You are pregnant.

The baby has a cystic hygroma.

The baby could be severely disabled and have no quality of life.

You may want to consider termination.

It's a healthy baby boy.


I would love to hear the lines that have given you character. Please post a comment and let me know!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Your boys are beautiful! How old are they? I am so glad I found your blog, as we are in WI too.